Tuesday, February 3, 2009

My day off... for module 2

Well, I decided to take a day off of work to accomplish a few things. One of them being some homework! Irony, I suppose. I must admit that I am a bit intimidated by this module's assignments. I viewed the Godfather and My Best Friend's Wedding clips and don't feel that I yet have much to say. I then read the Chapter 11 "Percussive " Editing with Paul Hirsch. As certain aspects of films were discussed, I viewed some in youtube to see if I could "see" or "feel" anything that was in the interview. Many things I've never even considered while viewing a movie. Now the intimidation factor is not just present, but instead, overwhelming. I realize that the expectations for the assignment of creating a compelling video with commentary are realistic given the knowledge that I've never done it or even considered such a thing. My editing skills are limited as well as my knowledge for creating such a thing. This will take much thought... and surely, I'm not alone. However, I am excited to view the work of others.

No comments:

Post a Comment